We busted out play doh for the first time during the storms and that was a big hit. Isaac started a new game of his own. He will grab a ball/truck/anything, climb the chair next to his basketball goal and make a basket. When he does this he likes to yell "Dada" really loudly so Daren will come in, watch him, and be his cheering section!
Isaac has been going to my friend Laura's house one day a week every other week to be watched while I work. Laura is the mommy of Isaac's friend Austin. The boys have a great time together. They are learning alot from being together. I think Isaac is learning to throw caution to the wind a little more and Laura has told me Austin is trying new foods that he watches Isaac eat. I hear that though they like to yell out "mine" and throw some hits around every once in while they are also great about spontaneous high fives, hugs, and knuckles.
Some new things Isaac has started to enjoy this month are...
-trying to repeat just about everything we say
-sitting up on the barstools instead of his highchair
-"telling stories"...he will look at us or a book and starting talking long sentences of baby jabber
-watching a new dvd I found at a consignment shop "John Denver and the Muppet's Rocky Mountain Holiday". Who new this even existed??? I guess anyone born before 1980. He loves it. I'm trying to teach him to say "Colorado". It comes out sort of like "Dodado". The footage of this video is actually beautiful. Lots of snowcapped mountains and golden aspens. If anything it is nice that something other than "Thomas the Train's Christmas" dvd is holding his attention:)
Hi friends!!!! I am SOO thankful for this update!!!!! :) Isaac is looking so different and BIG! WOW! Sorry we've been missing your calls...all's well on the homefront! We had a great 16 wk appt. complete with a heartbeat! :) I LOVE LOVE that you're making sure Isaac knows about his colorado roots..ALMOST BIRTHDAY TIME!
ReplyDelete