I'm not sure I need to give an update after looking at the pics. I think they say it all!
At 22 months Isaac is definitely suprising every single day with new things he has learned. It seems he is really starting to mentally "put things together". A few months ago Daren was tightening the screws on our barstools and Isaac found this fascinating. Now he is very into "toos" (tools). He will grab just about anything and look up to us with a question in his voice and say "toos"? While I was making dinner he quietly got into the baking cabinet, found a piece of the mixer and began fixing his new truck!
Tools are a new additon to the Isaac favorite things list. Some others that are new and old are...
coloring
helping to replace batteries
new train set
Bubba (=Santa)
Ti ti (=Thomas the Train Dvd, he asks to watch this from the time he wakes up til bed)
vroom vrooms (=cars)
vroom vrooms (=cars)
choo choos (=trains)
neigh neighs (=horses)
moos (=cows)
go gos (=joe joe and all dogs)
going for laundry basket rides and ice cream truck rides
sitting by the space heater after bathtime to warm up (supervised of course!)
num nums (this applies to lots of things, yesterday his num nums of choice were chocolate banana bread and ranch crutons)
playing with friends (likes going to the gym daycare with Miss Patti, seeing his friends at church, visiting with new friends at play group, hanging with Allison, Katelyn, Austin, Gretchen, Emma, Ava, Eli, Derek, Luke, Laine, and neighbors Lexi, Tatum, Tenley)
mealtime (still is so fun to feed this little guy, some of his staple favorites are eggs, jelly toast, any kind of meat, brocoli, green beans, sweet potatoes, and icecream)
laughing (likes to be silly with us, by the end of the day if we feel like his laughter quota is low its pretty easy to coax some belly laughs out by kisses on his tummy, bouncing him on the bed, or putting anything funny on our heads)
running and climbing
saying dep! (=yep, he says this for yes and it is usually used pretty emphatically)
Along with all of this fun new growth there are some growing pains. Isaac has become VERY adept at using the word MINE! He has no problem with claiming anything belonging to anybody as his by screeching out the word MINE! We are working on this:) He also has some room to work on his patience.
A fun routine we have gotten into is asking Isaac what he would like to pray for when we stop to pray before a meal. The first time we thought to do this was about a month ago and we cracked up at the response we received....first there was a pause, a look of thought, and then he replied with "neigh neigh, moo moo"? Like is it okay to pray for horses and cows mom and dad? Each time we ask him now he always wants to say thank you for horses and cows sometimes we will get a "Go go" and a couple of times he has said "Da da". This morning for the first time he added a new name to the list...Rene!
We are having fun with our little guy and love watching all of his new changes.
ahhhhh!!!! looooossssing my breaaaaath!!!! NEW POSTS?!?!?! AND DO I SPY COSTA RICA PICS!?!?!??! WOOHOO! I almost gave up on checking! ;) We LOVED loved our card...(I cry every time I read it..you are such a sweet dear friend) and the picture of isaac is the best. Seriously, the most handsome kid ever. (Although I'm sure you already know that!) Now I need to look at Costa Rica pics!!!!
ReplyDeletei gave up on checking your blog,but so excited to see new pics of your lil' man...love the monthly update approach!
ReplyDelete