Friday, April 3, 2009

Uncle Donny and Aunt Maggie

About 1 week after Isaac was born Don and Maggie came to visit from NYC.
It was so special for them to be able to meet their new nephew and to share him with them.
Maggie made him this beautiful blanket to match his room.
We had such a nice visit. We spent alot of time hanging out at home with the baby, but also had some fun too. They went to Isaac's one week dr check up and cooked us a great dinner and breakfast.
Uncle Donny even gave him a bath. (and they both survived it!)
Like I said we were able to have some fun too. We went to Oliver Winery for a tasting and the full tour. Isaac slept through the whole thing in his sling that I wear. It was so fun to visit the winery that I have been driving by since we moved back but unable to sample because of a little (well in my case- big) thing called pregnancy:)

Isaac had a photo shoot in the daffodils outside of Oliver's. There's a story behind this. When Daren and I checked into the hospital to have him there were not any flowers in bloom. Four days later when I was wheeled out there were daffodils blooming everywhere. It was beautiful. I think they will always remind me of my little baby. (I'm sure he will not be pleased being associated with daffodils when he is about 13).
We love you Uncle Donny and Aunt Maggie!!!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I LOVE his photo shoot...so beautiful and poetic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You failed to mention about his pee-pee ring you saved. I don't think he'll like know that when hes 13 either.

    ReplyDelete