Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WHY???

Something momentous has happened today. I guess its good because it marks the start of a toddler milestone and normal developmental intellectual growth, but I can't say its going to make our lives any easier...today Isaac asked me "why?" for the first time ever! I have so many other things I could be doing with my precious time while he is napping right now, but I felt like this had to be recorded today. He has never asked "why" or has ever seemed to even grasp the concept of "why". Today he woke up and the whys have not stopped since!!! He has dove straight into this new inquisitive phase. There was no testing of the waters. Today he woke up and decided it was time to start questioning the way the world works!!!

some examples of our day so far...

"Lets eat breakfast" Why? "Because its good for you" Why?

"Put your coat on" Why? "Because its really cold outside" Why? "uhhhhhh" then I sheepishly answer, "because Jack Frost came last night" (I would question that explanation too!) Why?

Why is Charlie crying?

Why are you cleaning? "so our house looks nice" Why? "because I want it to" Why?

I was really starting to feel edgy the past hour or so and now after typing this all out I think I know why! We are going to have to start thinking about why we do things the way we do because I think this phase will probably stick around for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. i love this post. you will do a great job explaining the way the world works! isaac (and charlie) is lucky to have a mom with a great perspective on life and living and the world :)

    ReplyDelete