Charlie Coalton- your birth day eve and birth day were great! I never thought I would be able to say that about labor/delivery after the last time, but this was different. I love that you came out on your own time! We were all scheduled to have you by c-section Thursday, Dec. 1st at 10 am (your due date), but you decided you would like to meet your family a little sooner. On Sun, 11/27 my water broke and you were born 11/28/11.
This picture says enough itself...no caption needed! (other than to say this was the last belly shot before we hopped in the car and drove to the hospital)
My Dr., Dr. Fenoughty was able to come in for the birth even though she was not on call. It was so nice. We arrived about 8:30 pm. I had a wonderful nurse who happened to go to our church. Then at midnight a friend of ours from church, who is also a nurse there was called in to help. It was so nice having friendly and familiar faces to support us! Daren and my mom rounded out the help for the night of laboring. I started in active labor right after I arrived at the hospital and decided to ride it out instead of having a c-section right away to see where it would go. My Dr. knew I didn't want to force the issue of a regular delivery if it was not meant to be or safe for either of us. I had a wonderful epidural that actually worked this time and had a great labor experience! Things were progressing great until about 5:30 in the morning. You were showing signs of getting very tired from the labor and I was not progressing and had a "gut" feeling this was not going the right way. We actually prayed alot about the decision to have a vbac vs. c-section and I knew God would direct me as to what was right. I had such a peace about stopping the labor and having a c-section and I know that was from God!
Here are my laboring buddies! Angie, Daddy, Mammy, and Beth.
Daddy waiting to come inside.Charlie Coalton Caldwell
11/2811 6:05 am
8 lbs 10 oz, 20 3/4 inches
It was music to our ears to hear you cry! They were so great about trying to incorporate some of the things I missed out on by not having a regular delivery. Daddy was able to cut your cord!!! He was so excited to get the opportunity. The nurse let me look at my placenta (don't ask, must be a nurse thing that I wanted to see it). The VERY BEST PART of my surgery this time around...I was able to hold you minutes after you were born!!! They handed you over for me to hold for the last half of the surgery while I was being pieced back together. It was one of the best moments of my life! As soon as I held you and started talking to you, you stopped crying and just looked right at me:)






You have two of the cutest boys ever.....xoxo love all of these pictures! So special!!!!!! ( and i am sooo in love with your 'why' post!!!! So glad you recorded it:) xo!
ReplyDelete