I can't believe my baby is about to be 2.5 years old! Isaac is growing up so fast and it seems even faster now that the new baby is on the way. We are preparing his new big boy choo choo room, but I'm dragging my feet a little to move him out of the nursery. I thought it was because I didn't want to move him too early and then have to deal with a toddler getting out of bed all through the night, but now I think there may be a little more to it. He is my first baby and its hard to imagine him not being the one in the crib and in the baby room! I think we will wait just a little bit longer:)
Some of the new phrases we hear quite a bit now are "daddy workin?", "daddy here?", "mommy workin?", "mommy here?", "carry you!" = carry me, "pay toys!" = play toys, "daddy old bed" = referring to his new bed that was daddy's bed. He repeats everything we say right now like he is trying to process its meaning when he says it too. Just today at breakfast I said "you are my baby boy" and for the first time ever he adamently responded "no! big boy!".
He is pretty easy to take to stores/errands as long as I include him. He likes to listen to me when I explain the why of what we are doing and then try to process and say it back. The latest errand he was very interested in was going to Menards to have his new dark out shades cut to size. Of course he loved watching the man use the tools and talking to me about what was going on.
He finished swim lessons this month and today we start tumbling. I'm excited for him to be in a class where I am not there. He will be all by himself with the teacher and other kids! I now I have a set schedule at work. It will be so nice for us to start having a routine. My work has been different week to week for 2 years. This fall I will also have a women's bible study where Isaac will get to play with other kids. It will be nice to have a rhythm to our weeks of bible study, tumbling, and a day of work for me.
He's still sleeping pretty well. 10-12 hrs at night and anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hr nap in the late afternoon.
A few recent proud mama moments...at the barber shop after his haircut he was taken into another room to pick out a sucker, I stayed behind to pay, but could hear him shout out "tank you!" to the man as he received his sucker. When I took him with me to the eye doctor we were in a waiting room filled with older people all about 75+, he made his rounds to every one of them saying "hi" and giving high fives. One lady said "here is our next president". I am so proud of his friendly personality!
SOOOOOO sooo cute! That haircut makes him look so big! We have the cute one you sent with his blonde flowing locks out and see it everyday :) what a 'big boy' look! And that pics of you three is priceless!!!! Did you get a new camera!?
ReplyDelete