This is a hard post to write. I feel like there are so many parts of Isaac's personality and his developments that I want to capture right now. The problem is that they are all so commonplace and familiar to me since I am with him everyday that I don't know if I can pinpoint them all. What will I remember in one month, one year, or 5 years and say "Oh yeah, I forgot how he always used to do that!"? I don't want to forget any of it!
It has been awhile now that as we pull up in the car to our house I will say to him "We're home, there's our house!". Now throughout the day when we are home he will look up at me with a big smile and say "home! house!". With all the running around we do and activities I try to plan this declaration from Isaac seems to tell me that he really enjoys the time we spend at home together. He says it like he knows this is where he belongs and he is happy about it:)

We started potty training 3 weeks ago. In the past 5 days he has made HUGE strides!!! It is so fun to see him start to understand. This is day 3 of no accidents! This is also day 3 of him telling us when he needs to "pee" or "poop". Woohoo! We never knew how excited we would be over potty training success. The first 2 weeks were so hard. There was progress, but since I was in the thick of it, it was hard for me to see. Just when I would be about to throw in the towel he would have some sort of potty breakthrough. It would be just enough fuel to keep us moving in the right direction. We are so proud of him! He has an assortment of treats to choose from when he uses the potty, but hands down his favorite is a "lemma lemma"= m&m. Most often he finishes his potty business then instantly shouts out "boo lemma lemma"= blue m&m or "lello lemma lemma" =yellow m&m.
Isaac's Typical Day (when I am not at work)...-Wakes up very happy, off to the potty and changes into big boy underwear.
-Breakfast usually is a big meal for him where an egg is almost always on the menu!
-Playtime, getting dressed time, frequent potty breaks.
-Usually by 9 or so we are out the door to go to the gym (he loves playing with the other kids, toys, and Miss Patty, Miss Ashley, and Miss Casey).
-We run errands, go do something fun with friends, or now that its summer go to Grammy and Googa's pool. I try to make going to Kroger a fun event for him. He loves riding in the car cart. We talk about what foods I am putting in the cart and he nibbles on the "nacks" that I have to have on hand:) He now is starting to expect a cookie and a sticker at check out.
-We eat lunch together which always seems to be early these days because I am starving all the time! He likes about anything. His favorites are still green beans/bananas/meat/noodles/raisins/any kind of junk food. He asks for "cheese balls" alot which his Grammy is happy to supply him with:)
-nap around 2. First we read books in the rocking chair. His favorites these days are Goodnight Moon, Llama Llama Red Pajama, Bible, "Tator" (Tractor) Book, I See Me. After we read the bible he always declares "amen!" Then we (I) sing a few songs. I let him choose. The typical requests are "batpack" =The Backpack song from The John Denver Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD, "oddball" = I Can Be Your Friend Song from the veggie tales cd, "hands" =He's Got The Whole World In His Hands (as I sing this song he shouts out different people/things/animals he wants to be included in the verses. The latest request was "Baby Lu and Ba-ee" =Baby Luke and Bacci the dog. I lay him down in the crib, pat his bottom a few times and he is asleep.
-When he wakes up from a nap he is always grumpy. We have to ease back into the day with a snack and cartoon.
-Daddy time! Its like a breath of fresh air when Daren comes home. He likes to be pushed on his tractor by daddy, be silly together, and probably his favorite daddy time is spent on the mower together.
-Dinner time, bath time with an elmo color tab, brush teeth ("eee" "aaah" "blah"), read books, sing songs, go to sleep!

Here he is with Derek. He loves spending time with friends and learning from other kids. Recently it has been alot of fun to watch him interact with Derek, Luke, Austin= "autin", Tatum, and Tenley= "Baby T". When we went to see the Eddy's, Derek and Isaac were having a blast jumping on the bed. When I walked into the room and looked at me, put his hand up and said "back away"! He wanted me out of the room, he was having fun with his friend and didn't want Mommy to put a damper on it! This was definitely a first! I know its just the beginning though! Although he is exerting some independence he is really starting to give out alot of spontaneous hugs and kisses which are wonderful. Especially the hugs he gives out when he runs up and throws his arms around your legs when you aren't even looking.
We are proud to be your parents Isaac!
No comments:
Post a Comment