Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Everyday

You hear alot of opinions when you are pregnant and embarking on the journey of parenthood. "Your life is going to change" True, but does it have to be said with such a sense of impending doom? "You definitely are carrying like you are going to have a boy" True. "You definitely carry like you are going to have a girl" False. "Oh, a boy, watch out he will pee all over you when you change his diaper" 25% of the time- True. "Good thing you aren't having a girl, you saved yourself alot of drama" ummm...you do realize you are talking to a girl, right? "Labor is really painful" True! "Labor wasn't bad at all" False, and if this was the case for you...keep it to yourself:) "You will forget about the pain as soon as you see your baby" True. "In the beginning you won't get any sleep" TRUE.


Here's the one unsolicited, true opinion I am so GRATEFUL for...are you ready???
"It will go so fast."
I'm so glad that I realized the validity of this statement pretty early on. I do have to say I wish I would have cared about it more the first 6 weeks, but all I could think about was sleep. Thank goodness for pictures. A wise friend recently relayed a quote on to me "How can the days go by so slow when the years go by so fast?" I'm going to remember that. It is fun gearing up for the holidays and Christmas celebrations, but I am trying to cherish the simple everyday gifts right now.
1st cry of the day


1st smile of the day


new discoveries




holding Isaac after work

"old man" looking picture

seeing Isaac loved by his Daddy

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Thank you God for your Son and for the gift of the everyday.













1 comment:

  1. I think that this is my favorite post you have ever done! It brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you and others have passed on the "it goes so fast" because that is my goal, to enjoy all the moments. And yes, I don't know how you can cherish the first 6 weeks because you are so sleep deprived! I keep thinking just a 100 days or so ago, Eli was a little Peanut and now he's a Chunky Monkey! Love you guys. Thanks for the beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete