Monday, July 6, 2009

Don't Rain on My Parade

What a fun 4th of July!
a patriotic parade- check, the Caldwell family coordinating in red, white, and blue- check, baby in a retro outfit courtesy of 1976 and a baby Uncle Dustin- check, a cookout with extended family- check, swimming in the rain- check, celebrating with Uncle Donny and Aunt Maggie in from NYC- PRICELESS!!!

The rain held off until the end of the morning parade and then it poured for the rest of the day. No fireworks on the 4th this year. We were able to watch some from our yard the next night.



What a victory it is to get to a fun event these days. We were able to be in Brownsburg by 10 am for the parade with 4 adults, 2 dogs, and 1 baby. This took effort:)


"Wow Uncle Donny...will I be able to grow a beard one day too?"



Parker...the newest family member!
He is flying back to New York with his new mommy and daddy.

He was very cute and very calm for a puppy.

I can only imagine what is going through Joe's head.
"Is this my new brother? Am I being replaced? Are we moving again? Am I still your number 1?" or maybe I am just not giving enough credit to Joe's sense of importance/security with us...maybe its more like this..."Wow a new cousin for me, great! I can teach him everything he needs to know. Thanks for getting me a human baby too mom and dad, he's the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I love my new house. Can I have a treat?"












2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you got to go to the 4th parade! I love that Isaac is wearing the retro overalls, I can't believe he can wear them already!

    And Joe was such a sport being lady liberty!

    Don and Maggie's new pup looks so cute and cuddly! I love him!!!

    Looks like you had a busy busy weekend dispite the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker cried when we told him his cousin Joe had to stay in Indiana. But then after he met MJ he felt a little better. Until she hissed at him...

    ReplyDelete