How fun! I love the title because you are right, who needs toys designed especially for little ones when you have hands, boxes and pots to play with!
I hope we can connect soon, I miss talking with you! Before I forget to tell you, Isaac is so BIG!!! I can't believe how grown up he is! You are right, they do grow up quick!
My cousin said something that really struck me, you pretty much only have 18 summers, 18 winters, 18 falls and 18 springs with your kids. That sounds so short, so make each moment count! She carved a pumpkin in the fall and put him in it, b/c she said that was the only time in his life he would fit in one and that's how she wanted to celebrate that fall! (Note: he didn't really like it, but it does sound fun. I'm not sure if it will work with Peanut, he might be too young for it at that point.)
I have gotten behind with reading your blog. Thankfully I'm up to date now. Your blogs are so entertaining. I was laughing so hard at the pic of Isaac's poop all over his back. I had tears in my eyes! What great memories you guys are making. And I'm so glad you guys were able to get away to Chicago to see Beth and Zach and also have some time on your own to celebrate your anniversary. Has it really been 5 years? Crazy...wonder what the next 5 will hold... :)
How fun! I love the title because you are right, who needs toys designed especially for little ones when you have hands, boxes and pots to play with!
ReplyDeleteI hope we can connect soon, I miss talking with you! Before I forget to tell you, Isaac is so BIG!!! I can't believe how grown up he is! You are right, they do grow up quick!
My cousin said something that really struck me, you pretty much only have 18 summers, 18 winters, 18 falls and 18 springs with your kids. That sounds so short, so make each moment count! She carved a pumpkin in the fall and put him in it, b/c she said that was the only time in his life he would fit in one and that's how she wanted to celebrate that fall! (Note: he didn't really like it, but it does sound fun. I'm not sure if it will work with Peanut, he might be too young for it at that point.)
Can't wait to see you guys soon!
I have gotten behind with reading your blog. Thankfully I'm up to date now. Your blogs are so entertaining. I was laughing so hard at the pic of Isaac's poop all over his back. I had tears in my eyes! What great memories you guys are making. And I'm so glad you guys were able to get away to Chicago to see Beth and Zach and also have some time on your own to celebrate your anniversary. Has it really been 5 years? Crazy...wonder what the next 5 will hold... :)
ReplyDelete