Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Save the best for last

On Saturday we helped Daren celebrate the last year of his twenties.

Apparently, Isaac snuck out of his crib AGAIN to do some shopping. He knows how much his daddy likes sour candies.


Daren was pleasantly suprised to learn that Fat Tire pedalled from Colorado to Indiana this year.



We had a picnic at Butler Winery.



Grandma Phyllis came too.



"If you think I'm going to smile you're crazy!"

"I don't care what you do...I'm not going to fall for any cheap tricks!"

"Goo-goo, gaa-gaa?!?!? What does that even mean?"

"I give you credit for trying mom, but have you seen the size of my cheeks?...Its gotta be really funny to make me smile."


"Closer."


"Now thats just HILARIOUS!!!"
Daren had a fun birthday. Later in the evening the three of us packed up and headed to a drive-in. It was the perfect way to watch a movie with a 10 week old.
The day before was our 5 year anniversary! Grammy and Gramps watched Isaac overnight and Daren and I went to a local Bed and Breakfast. It was great to be able to celebrate and recharge our batteries. We were able to sleep in and didn't have to think about changing diapers. I have to admit though, Daren had to talk me out of stopping by and seeing Isaac after dinner and the first thing I thought when I woke up was "I can't wait to go home and see Isaac". But then I remembered I was in a beautiful setting with my best friend and enjoyed every minute of our blueberry crepes on the wooded deck with the background music of a chirping bird instead of a crying baby:)





























No comments:

Post a Comment