The month of May has always been crazy for our family. It starts with Cinco de Mayo, which was my Grandma Neva's birthday and by June 1st, Ashley, Daren, my dad, my mom, and my brother are all a year older, Daren and I are one year closer to our golden anniversary, there's a new Indy 500 champion, and Memorial Day has come and gone. Just to add to the craziness Daren and I planned our wedding one day before his birthday and my mom and brother share a birthday. Whew!
This month normally takes a lot of planning and creativity for me...trying to help the most important people in my life celebrate their birthdays, but this year is even trickier because I'm doing all this and juggling a newborn. This does give me a huge reason to indulge in one of my favorite activities...wake up in the morning, drink coffee, and make lists!!! (although the order is now- wake up in the morning, feed Isaac, pump, change a dirty diaper, dress Isaac, feed Joe, let Joe out, put Isaac down for a nap, DRINK COFFEE, and make some lists).
The thing is with all this mayhem by the end of the month everyone has had so much fun and is thankful that there is so much to celebrate. I'm glad Isaac gets to be a part of it and from now on will be my ally in a sea of people born in May.
That is some serious pee-pee leak! Or I guess Isaac could have gotten into the yellow food coloring while you were sleeping!
ReplyDeleteGrammy loves the new photos! I'm sorry about the MAYhem. It's just a popular month for birthdays, but I wanted you to be special so I had you in October! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteI HEART this post!!! (especially the "order" of your morning tasks...) Boy how I wish that we could make lists and drink coffee together...:) MISS YOU!
ReplyDelete