Friday, April 20, 2012

Remember!

Yesterday after breakfast I wiped Isaac's face clean and he looked up at me and said "Mom, lu (you) my princess".  Does it get any sweeter?  I need to tie a ribbon around my finger to remember all the joy I get to experience right now.  I guess I need to tie a ribbon on the other finger to remember to forget all the hardships too, like the poop I had to scoop out of the tub two days ago.

In the afternoon I took the boys to Hot Rod's for Isaac's much needed haircut.  On the way there, out of the blue, Isaac announced "Mommy, I love lu".  Then informed me that "I want to give you a hug with both of my hands!"  Hot Rod was camping so we were stuck with Gary (the old guy).  Actually, both of Gary's cuts have been my favorites though.  I had to stay further back than I usually do for the cut to tend to Charlie, but I could hear the cutest conversation ensuing.  The tv was blaring espn and had some old basketball games playing, to which Isaac noted to Gary, "basketball", follow up question from Gary "Do you have a basketball goal at home?", answer from Isaac, "GO IU!!" (insert fist raised in the air).  They would banter back and forth a bit and when there was an akward lull Isaac would fill it up with words and people he knows.  It went like this...dead space..."My Mommy, my Daddy, my Googa, my Baby Charlie"  He would wait for Gary to take the bait and ask about one of them to spark new banter.  Then when the akward silence presented itself again he would think of new things like "Where's Hot Rod"?  He used this one alot even though he had already heard about 5 times Hot Rod was camping.  One of the ice breakers Isaac used on Gary was "My Mommy's my princess":)  To which Gary informed me "You probably don't have much longer of that".  I know, thats why I have to remember!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest story ever. I'm so glad you recorded it in "digital stone" to remember for ever and ever!

    ReplyDelete