Monday, May 9, 2011

Destin and 2 Years, 2 Months




Some of the highlights of our trip to Destin...


1. Watching Isaac see the ocean for the first time.


2. Isaac and I getting a whole week of "Daddy time" uninterrupted by work or school!


3. Seeing how much joy Isaac would get from a day at the beach. (throwing sand/rocks/sticks,

finding seashells "ee-ells", chasing birds, eating "nacks", waving hi to Nemo and Nemo's Daddy in

the ocean.


4. eating seafood, especially crab legs.











This is one of my favorite pictures because it will always make me feel like we are right back at the beach and in that moment when I look at it. Picking up globs of sand and getting his hands dirty was probably his favorite part of the trip. We realized we are starting to really get to know his personality on this trip. Before we set out we just knew he was going to LOVE the beach. We knew he would love throwing stuff, running, digging and exploring. It was great to get down there and see we were right and that we are really getting to know our little guy as a person with likes and dislikes.












I am not sure if it was the week long vacation, all the time spent with Daddy, or just being two years and two months, but Isaac seemed to grow up so much these past seven days. He started talking so much more. He suprised me by walking up to me at breakfast one morning and clearly asking for an "orange". I had no idea he could say that or knew what an orange was. He wants to be much more independent. A common phrase was "no mommy, no mommy no". He used this in all kinds of circumstances such as me asking "can I help you down the stairs?" Another new trend is that anything that is little is a "baby", anything that is big is a "daddy", and anything that falls in the middle is a "mommy". These terms were applied to seashells, birds, fish, banana slices, bugs, rocks, french fries, and I'm sure there are more!



















2 comments:

  1. OH MAN! How I love new posts!!!! Your pictures just SCREAM paradise! it feels like it was the perfect destination :) Ang, you look GREAT :) I loved the belly + Isaac shot!! I'm glad that you're feeling better. Happy for your fun time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. isaac has the best smile! claire's first beach destination was destin as well! now, for the birds on your shoulder, that gives me the heebie jeebies. ;)
    congrats again!

    ReplyDelete