Sunday, June 13, 2010

Updates







Isaac is 15 months now and has been learning alot of new things. He took his first step at 14 months towards his cousin Katelyn. Each day he walks more than the day before.
If we thought he was an eater before, now he is more like a garbage disposal. He will eat almost anything! His latest culinary feats...3/4 of a steak at one meal (he has a mouth full of teeth for it), guacamole (something I am not excited about having to share), corn on the cob, and chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants. After each bite of food there is usually a loud "mmmmmmmm". Today at the grocery store I put a bag of edamame (he devoured that for the first time last week) next to him in the cart and he started saying "mmmm", next in the cart- a loaf of bread which made him start signing "please". He eats very well, which leads me to the next development...weight gain:) He must have an excellent metabolism because he is still only 20 lbs. 20 lbs and 1 oz to be exact, but finally large enough to get moved up in the carseat world and to turn around and face forward while in the car.
New words...
bubba baf=bubble bath
whoa, whoa, whoa=row row row (your boat)
bah=bye and what a sheep says
tick=stick
kiki=kelly, name of his sitter at the gym
brrrrmm=vroom, you know what boat, cars, planes, trains, tractors, trucks, and mowers say:)
ha kik=Isaac
any sort of grunt noise=I want that and I want that now!
He is still pretty content.
He is pretty good about playing with toys alone while I try to get things done around the house. Things that make him happy= Joe Joe, waking up in the morning, Mommy, Daddy, Grandparents, other kiddos, vehicles of any kind, bubble baths, bugs, swimming, playing piano, buttons, eating, waving "ha" and "bah" to anyone and any car, brushing his teeth. Things on the unhappy list= missing a nap, being cold, delaying meal time, putting down something that he is playing with, cantalope/melon, putting on pjs.

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!! for an update! Seriously, is it possible that he just keeps getting more handsome! (and he's sweet to go along with it!) I wish that I could wake up to him waving (and now talking) in our house!!!!!! It was so great to talk to you today...miss you so much! (cute dress by the way!)

    ReplyDelete