
Lets face it, the woman definitely has much more obvious changes during pregnancy, but Daren has been going through some changes too (just not in the weight gain department!). It has been so much fun watching him prepare for this baby and be just as excited as me. I cannot wait to watch him interact with and love our son.
Here he is making iron on t-shirts for our nieces to announce the pregnancy to his family.
okay, and just because he has been changing doesn't mean he won't be a little upset about me making an entire post about him!!! sorry babe!
He's been reading up on this whole dad thing. One of my favorite traditions of the pregnancy is each week he'll read to me how the baby is growing and what new things he is doing.

He has also sought advice from other babies.

It seems like the majority advice he has been getting from other dads of baby boys is to watch out for the spray when you change their diaper. This may have prompted a few trial runs on baby's new bear.

His man diaper bag...you know so the boys can hang out without using mom's girly bag.


One major change...his new skill set for assembling gadgets. I knew he had it in him all along! He's set up the swing, pack n play, crib, curtains, bouncy seat, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few more items.



He painted the baby's nursery baby blue all in one afternoon. (It was a pink shade when we moved in!) He only allowed me quick glimpses because of the "fumes".

Of course I try to pick out flattering pictures of me to show people, but lets be real- this is how I have looked and felt alot of the pregnancy! His patience has definitely increased these past 9 months. The first trimester mood swings found him wondering if he would ever have his wife back. It also found him driving to very specific restaurants ordering very specific items only to have me take one bite and announce it made me feel sick. He has also needed to learn how to became an expert foot/back massager and a great listener to a laundry list of physical ailments. In fact, just last night he had to run out at 9pm to get some benadryl to help me sleep. Thank you Daren! You are going to be the best dad. I couldn't be more excited to share this time with you.
I like this post about Big D. Shows his softer side.
ReplyDeleteAwww, what a sweet post dedicated to your hubby! Angela you are just DAYS away from welcoming your Baby Boy!!! We are thinking of you and praying for you everyday throughout the day. :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! (both posts)!!! I was elated (yes, elated!) when I saw that there were in fact some new ones from the Caldy house :) Promise me that we can print these out and make a book so baby can see how much he is already loved! (I will volunteer :) LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! COME OUT BABY!
ReplyDelete